Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 4 – 13 Days of Creepmas at RSD

 
13 Days of Creepmas is rolling along. I want to take this time to say THANK YOU to everyone who is hopping with us and leaving some beautiful and heartfelt comments. Rick St. Dennis and his Elite Design Team do appreciate every single one of them. If you came from Gloria’s blog you are on the right track. The blog roll is below.
 
My 13 Days of Creepmas project is the beginning of my husband’s Christmas card. I have completed the front only, and the rest will probably be completed the day before Christmas. That’s usually the way it happens. LOL I almost damaged it with my own writing, but I guess that gives it that homemade feeling.
If you are in need of some Creepmas images, Rick’s Etsy shop has an entire section dedicated to this subject. The images that I have used are Euro Carolers and Christmas Tree Monster. All were colored with Copics and I added accents with Spica pens and a white gel pen. The Monster tree was embellished with my crystal stash.
 
I did do a lot of fussy cutting and layering. The carolers are layered just once, but the monster tree is two layers. I love dimension and I think that I have achieved it.



Here is the "13 Days of Creepmas" blog hop order:
(this is where you came from)
(you are here)
(your next stop)

There are a few other things going on in conjunction with our RSD Creepmas Blog Hop. First is the “original” Creepmas Blog Hop. You will not want to miss that fun.

The second hop is Smeared & Smudged's “12 Days of Creepmas.” There are several RSD Design Team Members that are on S&S’s team, so be sure and take a hop there too.
 
Thanks for stopping by. Your next stop will be Hazel’s blog. My next project will be on Thursday, so I hope you will come visit me again.
Aletha

13 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Wonderful scene you've created here. Your penmanship is just fabulous and the coloring and dimension wow's me! xxD

Monique's art said...

Gorgeous scene and your handwriting is fab

Miranda said...

smashing card Aletha, love the colours and the background...fantabulous
hugs
miranda

Rick said...

Its a real artsy card and I love that-the calligraphy does it-love the warm palatte as well-great job

Sharon Sahl said...

Beautiful card, Aletha! Your penmanship is beyond lovely but I know that sinking feeling that perhaps it just ruined everything! The gold and brown background really sets off your carolers!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh I love your scene its brilliant, Made me smile, Love Hazelxo

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Aletha, this is just beautiful, but in a creepmasy way with the tree monster addition, Love the colours and colouring of course xx

Caroline said...

Great layout! Love the combo of the singers and the "Lovely" tree! The sentiment is also very funny! Greetings, Caroline

Love crafts forever said...

Aletha is gorgeous!! Lovely backing.
Hugs Nat

~Lady B~ said...

Brilliant scene! Your colouring is amazing and I love the dimension you've added!

KristyLee said...

Makes me giggle love the singing! Of course the coloring! Cool how you popped it up!Great combo of images from RDS! Truly amazing,love you!
Peace,
Kristy

Pauline said...

My goodness. What life these carollers have! This is amazing. your colouring Rocks bigtime!
hugs,
Pauline

Ellis said...

Gorgeous card you made, wonderful coloring! =) I like your writing, loooks good!
Hugs, Elenor