Happy Friday and it's raining in Tulsa, OK. Thanks to the heavens. This is a remnant of Isaac, but it is blessed in this part of the country. With that said, please keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers that have been affected by Isaac. I wish everyone a speedy recovery from all the flooding!
It’s my turn over at Whimsical Ink Sorority to share a project that I created. Before I get into my project, I wanted to let everyone know that Queen Kat Designs is have a “5 Labor Day Sale.” Queen Kat’s rubber stamps are all 30% off, 15% off cross stitch patterns, and 15% off fabric blocks. These are amazing prices. This “5 Day Labor Day” sale started yesterday and will end on Sept. 3. You need to hurry!
Today I would like to introduce you to Autumn, one of the newest rubber stamps from Queen Kat Designs and designed by Myka Jelina. Look at Autumn’s pocket pal. Isn’t that the cutest? Do you all remember pocket pals? I don’t know if they are still around or not, but I do remember my Daughter enjoying them.
First I need a sketch. The one I decided to use was created by Verve Stamps. This one is from their May 2011 challenge. If you need some fantastic sketchs, Verve at Splitcoast Stampers is the place to find them.
I have colored Autumn with Copics and Spica pens, used a Spellbinder’s rectangle die, and added Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap to the edges. She was then layered on Mellow Moss cardstock.
After completing all my coloring now I needed to start on the actual card layout. The designer paper is from My Mind’s Eye, but I do not know what collection. I trimmed the designer paper to fit the 4¾” square card. The circles under Autumn are Spellbinder’s classic circles. After everything was attached to the card, I added lace and pearls from my stash. I felt like she need more swirls, so I die cut the Elegant Scrollwork from Memory Box. Now everything is ready to add Autumn. Not your typical Autumn colors, but I love these two colors, turquoise and green, together. I am beginning to wonder what color clashes with turquoise. I haven’t found one yet.
Autumn is for another online site, Crafting by Designs. One of our challenges for this last week in August is "Anything Goes." Autumn fits perfectly! I hope you all come join us! We have some wonderful sponsors, too!
Would you like to see all of Queen Kat’s NEW stamps? Click here to see some amazing designs. Did you know that we, at QKD, have a Facebook group, QKD Stamp Company? Come join us. We would love to see your little pieces of art using Queen Kat Designs Stamps.
Thanks for stopping by. Contact me if you have any questions.
Aletha
Supplies used in my Autumn project:
Copics: skin-E000, E11; wings-BG11, BG13, BG18, BG23 and YG91, YG93, YG97; hair and boots-C1, C3, C5, C7, C9; robe-YG91, YG93, YG97; Baby Doll PJs-BG11, BG13, BG18, BG23; background-W0, W4, BG11.
Inks: Distress Ink Frayed Burlap, Memento Tuxedo Black..
Dies: Spellbinders large classic circles and rectangles; Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork.
Cardstock: Stampin’ Up! Pool Party and Mellow Moss, Cryogen
Designer Paper: My Mind’s Eye
Embellishments: pearls from my stash; lace from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
It’s my turn over at Whimsical Ink Sorority to share a project that I created. Before I get into my project, I wanted to let everyone know that Queen Kat Designs is have a “5 Labor Day Sale.” Queen Kat’s rubber stamps are all 30% off, 15% off cross stitch patterns, and 15% off fabric blocks. These are amazing prices. This “5 Day Labor Day” sale started yesterday and will end on Sept. 3. You need to hurry!
Today I would like to introduce you to Autumn, one of the newest rubber stamps from Queen Kat Designs and designed by Myka Jelina. Look at Autumn’s pocket pal. Isn’t that the cutest? Do you all remember pocket pals? I don’t know if they are still around or not, but I do remember my Daughter enjoying them.
First I need a sketch. The one I decided to use was created by Verve Stamps. This one is from their May 2011 challenge. If you need some fantastic sketchs, Verve at Splitcoast Stampers is the place to find them.
I have colored Autumn with Copics and Spica pens, used a Spellbinder’s rectangle die, and added Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap to the edges. She was then layered on Mellow Moss cardstock.
After completing all my coloring now I needed to start on the actual card layout. The designer paper is from My Mind’s Eye, but I do not know what collection. I trimmed the designer paper to fit the 4¾” square card. The circles under Autumn are Spellbinder’s classic circles. After everything was attached to the card, I added lace and pearls from my stash. I felt like she need more swirls, so I die cut the Elegant Scrollwork from Memory Box. Now everything is ready to add Autumn. Not your typical Autumn colors, but I love these two colors, turquoise and green, together. I am beginning to wonder what color clashes with turquoise. I haven’t found one yet.
Autumn is for another online site, Crafting by Designs. One of our challenges for this last week in August is "Anything Goes." Autumn fits perfectly! I hope you all come join us! We have some wonderful sponsors, too!
Autumn will be entered in the following challenges:
Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog – Something Magical
Paper Crafting Journey – Anything Goes
Stampin’ for the Weekend – Pearls and Swirls
The Poodles Parlour – Things with Wings
Inspire Me Fridays – Anything Goes
Would you like to see all of Queen Kat’s NEW stamps? Click here to see some amazing designs. Did you know that we, at QKD, have a Facebook group, QKD Stamp Company? Come join us. We would love to see your little pieces of art using Queen Kat Designs Stamps.
Thanks for stopping by. Contact me if you have any questions.
Aletha
Supplies used in my Autumn project:
Copics: skin-E000, E11; wings-BG11, BG13, BG18, BG23 and YG91, YG93, YG97; hair and boots-C1, C3, C5, C7, C9; robe-YG91, YG93, YG97; Baby Doll PJs-BG11, BG13, BG18, BG23; background-W0, W4, BG11.
Inks: Distress Ink Frayed Burlap, Memento Tuxedo Black..
Dies: Spellbinders large classic circles and rectangles; Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork.
Cardstock: Stampin’ Up! Pool Party and Mellow Moss, Cryogen
Designer Paper: My Mind’s Eye
Embellishments: pearls from my stash; lace from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


.jpg)



5 comments:
Aletha your card is just gorgeous. Autumn is so striking, you have colored her fabulously and I love how your embellishments do not distract from her. Thanks so much for joining us at the Poodles Parlour this fortnight and Good Luck!
Danie xx
Beautiful card,the image is stunning and the colours are super.Thanks for joining us over at the Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog this month, Carol xx
Oh wow, this is gorgeous, your coloring on her is just, wow! Love the layout too, especially the swirls on the sides of your image.
Ab Fabby, thanks for joining in at SFTW :) xx
It's beautiful.I love the image and the colours you've used are gorgeous.Thanks for sharing it with us at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.
Post a Comment