Happy Friday! It’s my turn at Whimsical Ink Sorority to share with you a project using the wonderful art of Myka Jelina. This beautiful stamp, Chloe, from Queen Kat Stamps, is right up my “free-spirit” alley (or as free as I like to think of myself).
I have been wanting to color her for a while now and I had the perfect opportunity this week. Chloe does bring back fond memories of my high school days. I didn’t wear the long dress, but I usually tried to have a skirt on so I could roll it up for a somewhat “mini skirt look.” LOL! My hair was never straight…natural curls. I hated my hair then, but love it now. I tried walking around with incense, but that was frowned on, so I settled for a flower. Yes, I just gave my age away. Some of you may recall the late 60s and early 70s. Those were the days!
I first stamped Chloe with Memento Black Tuxedo on Cryogen cardstock and then colored with Copics and distressed the edges with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. I then matted her on SU’s Tempting Turquoise and Rich Razzelberry cardstock. My background is My Mind’s Eye Happy Go Lucky Collection and the same color cardstock. All of this was attached to a finished size of 4¼” x 5½” card base.
My embellishments are dies from Cheery Lynn Designs and cut from the turquoise cardstock. I toned down the turquoise with Archival Brilliance Ink in Moonlight White. Those little blings are from my stash. I finally get to use them!
Would you like to see all of Queen Kat’s NEW stamps? Click here to see some amazing designs. Did you know that we at QKD have a Facebook group, QKD Stamp Company? Come join us and be inspired some more. The inspiration is non-stop…we have a Google+ page, Queen Kat Design’s Stamp Co., too. If you join either or both groups, we would love to see your little pieces of art using Queen Kat Design’s Stamps.
Thanks for stopping by! For more QKD’s inspiration, check back every day at Whimsical Ink Sorority.
Aletha
I have been wanting to color her for a while now and I had the perfect opportunity this week. Chloe does bring back fond memories of my high school days. I didn’t wear the long dress, but I usually tried to have a skirt on so I could roll it up for a somewhat “mini skirt look.” LOL! My hair was never straight…natural curls. I hated my hair then, but love it now. I tried walking around with incense, but that was frowned on, so I settled for a flower. Yes, I just gave my age away. Some of you may recall the late 60s and early 70s. Those were the days!
I first stamped Chloe with Memento Black Tuxedo on Cryogen cardstock and then colored with Copics and distressed the edges with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. I then matted her on SU’s Tempting Turquoise and Rich Razzelberry cardstock. My background is My Mind’s Eye Happy Go Lucky Collection and the same color cardstock. All of this was attached to a finished size of 4¼” x 5½” card base.
My Copics colors are:
Skin: eooo, e02, r20;
Hair: e13, e17, e18, e19;
Dress: yg13, yg17, yg21, and v01, v06, v09;
Wings: r81, r83, r85, r89;
Flowers and beads: r81, r83, r85, r89, plus bg10, bg13, bg18;
Butterflies: bg10, bg13, bg18.
My embellishments are dies from Cheery Lynn Designs and cut from the turquoise cardstock. I toned down the turquoise with Archival Brilliance Ink in Moonlight White. Those little blings are from my stash. I finally get to use them!
Would you like to see all of Queen Kat’s NEW stamps? Click here to see some amazing designs. Did you know that we at QKD have a Facebook group, QKD Stamp Company? Come join us and be inspired some more. The inspiration is non-stop…we have a Google+ page, Queen Kat Design’s Stamp Co., too. If you join either or both groups, we would love to see your little pieces of art using Queen Kat Design’s Stamps.
Thanks for stopping by! For more QKD’s inspiration, check back every day at Whimsical Ink Sorority.
Aletha






No comments:
Post a Comment