Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I was picked!


I am bragging today! I am one of the new Design Team Members for Delicious Doodles! Isn’t this thrilling? Well, it is to me. I have been collecting Teri’s images for a while. Now I have no reason not to use them.

Today I am showcasing one of the ATCs that I have created for an ATC swap that I am participating in. The Crafter’s Café Swap Club has monthly ATC swaps and I was talked into it by my good friend Kristy. For the month of August our theme is “mermaids.” I hand colored 14 ATC sized images. That was very challenging for me, not the coloring, the staying focused on 14 ATCs with the same image. It was still a lot of fun. I am very anxious to see my swaps. And I hope they like mine also. I will shut up now and get on to my ATC.

Meet Black Pearl from Delicious Doodles. I thought that she was perfect for an ATC with her lounging position and her elbow on top of one of the skulls. I had no trouble sizing her to a true 2.5” x 3.5” ATC size. I have colored Black Pearl with Letraset Aqua Markers, watercolor pencils, Spica pens, and PrismaColor pencils. There is a lot of layering of colors for this project. I wanted to get my coloring as deep in tones as I could. That’s why I used so many mediums. My last touch was a black pearl in the oyster shell. Head over to the Delicious Doodles Shop and check out Teri’s gorgeous mermaids.

Thanks for stopping by and celebrating with me! I hope you head over to Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog and meet some of the other design team members.

See you soon!
Aletha

4 comments:

Melissa Czapor said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you!! Hugs!!

Julia said...

She is beautiful, great ATC!

ike said...

Totally gorgeous Mermaid :-) CONGRATS on your DD post :-) xxxxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Congrats! You deserve it... Your coloring is great as well as the layout. I don't think mine turned out so well; but you'lllll see! Have a great day and great job.