My last project with Uxia was an ATC. This time around I decided to do a small note card. The size of this card is 3¼”x5” and is the perfect size for Uxia to shine.
The background was created on watercolor paper and with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. After the embossing was complete I swiped Salty Ocean DI over the embossed areas and then sprayed with Pearl Glimmer Mist.
The leaves, or seaweed, were punched with a McGill punch. The orange seaweed is orange cardstock and the green seaweed is spayed with a watercolor wash in lime green. I then spayed these with Pearl Glimmer Mist. I love my Glimmer Mist..
I stamped Uxia with VersaFine inks in Onyx Black and Majestic Blue. She is then colored with Prismacolor pencils. I then mounted her on orange cardstock. The pearls were added from my stash.
I really had not planned on making this such a bright piece, but I think I like it. I hope you do too.
Would you like to see all of Queen Kat’s NEW stamps? Click here to see some amazing designs. Did you know that we at QKD have a Facebook group? Come join us at QKD Stamp Co. on FB and be inspired some more. The inspiration is non-stop…we have a Google+ page also, Queen Kat Design’s Stamp Co. If you join either or both groups, we would love to see your little pieces of art using Queen Kat Design’s Stamps.
That’s it from me for today. I hope you hop on over to Whimsical Ink Sorority everyday for more little pieces of art from QKD’s Royal Stamping Maids.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great and creative weekend! Contact me if you have any questions.
Aletha






2 comments:
Gorgeous as always!! You just bring the image to life!! Hugs!!
Aletha this is awesome! Love the colors and all the little additions you put into the card. The background looks great! Kudos to you.
Post a Comment