Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Poisoned Peas Please New Challenge

Today is the first day for our Poisoned Peas Please (PPP) Challenge #5. Our theme  is “Unusual Alice,” Alice in Wonderland, that is. We want to see all types of projects (ATCs, cards, 3D, altered art, art journals, etc) that you want to show us. You do have to stay with the theme of “Unusual Alice.” What is your interpretation of “Unusual Alice?” We really don’t want to see sweet and cuddly AIW, but make your AIW project just as “unusual” as you can. Do read the challenge rules before posting your entry, please.

Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is The Stamping Boutique (TSB). The Owner/Artist of TSB, Tracey Malnofski, is offering the prize of three (3) digis of your choice from her online shop.

Tracey has also graciously given our PPP Design Team a few of her very imaginative AIW images. I decided to do Johnny Depp (in my dreams!). I decided to use Tracey’s “Mad Hatter” image. I guess this is going to be as close as I will ever get to Johnny Depp. Don’t worry, my Johnny Depp dreams will never stop.

Enough about my dreams, already! I colored “Mad Hatter” with Copics and Spica pens. This image was definitely a lot of fun to color. All of my die cuts are from Memory Box, Spellbinders, and Cheery Lynn Designs. The flowers I made with coffee filters and Spellbinder’s die Bitty Blossoms. After cutting the blossoms, I spritzed them with a lime watercolor wash and Perfect Pearls. The ribbon and crystals are from my stash.

Challenges that Mad Hatter will be entering:
Crafty Bloggers Network – Anything Goes
Love to Create – Photo Inspiration
Tammy’s Scrappin’ Corner – Anything Goes with Any Artist
Whoopsi Daisey – Make your own embellishments
Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog – Make Us Laugh

I would like to invite you to our group at The Crafter’s CaféPoisoned Peas Please. After you have joined us at PPP’s fifth challenge, “Unusual AIW,” you can post your entry at The Crafter’s Café too. We want you to strut your stuff!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enter this fun PPP Challenge #5 – Unusual AIW. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate contacting me
Aletha Jane

10 comments:

ger76 said...

Brilliant card, loving everything about it :D

Thanx for joining us over at Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge

Ger xxx
CBN DT

cotnob said...

Great card Aletha, I love your unusual image and fab handmade flowers.
Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
Pauline
x

Spyder said...

I love the flowers on your fab card! Thank you for joining Quirky Craft's Challenge this fortnight! Hope to see you again!
((Lyn)) DT

Anonymous said...

Love it & you sure can make a coffee filter look GREAT!!! :)

Unknown said...

This is just so awesome. I love the bold color palette and the elements really do justice,.
I am so pleased you
decided to join us for our Challenge.
Hugs, Founder and Owner of Tammy Scrapin Corner, Tammy Ortiz

Anonymous said...

Great coloring of your image!! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!
Z

Sassy Raggedy said...

Your flowers are wonderful and the image is colored beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenges. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

Caro said...

What fun - an excellent mad hatter! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog

Crafty and Green said...

What a Super Cool Card! I just love the unique Image & fantastic Flowers!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge! Please Come back and play with us again really soon!

Many Wonderful Blessings,
Tina

NancyD said...

Who doesn't love a card made with a character that Johnny Depp played! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create this week. NancyD