Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe 4th of July Holiday. I certainly did. Hubby and I went to a restaurant and had a very nice dinner at the Blue Rose CafĂ© here in Tulsa. Sat on the balcony and watch our beautiful city’s Freedom Fest fireworks display. Just gorgeous!
It’s my turn at the Whimsical Ink Sorority to introduce you to “Zoe” by Myka Jelina. Zoe is marvelous to work with. Her style is a little Goth and a little Steampunk. I decided to try and keep her Steampunk this time around. Zoe will be released next Wednesday.
I colored Zoe with Copics and Spica pens. I then did a little distressing on the outer edges with Frayed Burlap and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks and mounted her on red cardstock.
The background was created on watercolor paper using the Steampunk Clock background. QKD has some fabulous background stamps to work with. It was so hard for me to choose just a few, but I did. First I embossed the clock background with white embossing powder and heat embossed. I then sprayed with Black Soot Distress Ink and Burnt Red Glimmer Mist. I trimmed my finished piece and mounted that on red cardstock also.
My scalloped circle die cut is from Memory Box. I used the die on turquoise paper and covered the cut with Brilliance Moonlight White. After it was dry, cut the circle in half, placed it on the card, and added nail heads from my stash.
Zoe is going to be entered into the following challenges:
Papercraft Star – Embossing
Creatalicious Challenge – Anything goes
Mema’s Challenge – Anything goes
That’s it for today. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Aletha







1 comment:
Love the various techniques you used to create this card. I think I'll try the glimmer mist since I haven't. Your card turned out rather interesting. Thanks for joining us at Mema's Crafts and showing your talent!
Post a Comment