Hello to everyone and Happy Friday! Welcome to my fourth post as part of Queen Kat’s Royal Court. It is also my turn to inspire you with my little piece of art at Whimsical Ink Sorority.
For this piece I decided to go back to my roots and design a mixed-media piece. Around 12 years ago I was creating collages and framing them in shadow boxes. This time around I decided to create a piece that would stand on it’s own. The QKD stamps that I used are Myka Jelina’s Sophia and Just Batty Background. QKD has some awesome background stamps! Vikki is also having a 25% off sale right now!
I stamped Sophia on watercolor paper. My coloring is completed with watercolor pencils, Letraset Aqua Markers, Prismacolor Pencils, and a little bit of Clear Starz gel pen. The smudged background is Black Soot DI. I distressed the edges, adding Black Soot DI and Crystal Stickles
The next step is my blank canvas. I chose an A2 size sticky back canvas. I sprayed the background with Adirondack spray ink in Eggplant. I also mixed some Black Soot DI reinker and Barn Door DI reinkers in a small spritzers and added those two colors. After the canvas dried, I stamped the Just Batty Background with black pigment ink, added black embossing powder and heat embossed. The next step was adhering the canvas to some chip board.
Now for the embellishments! The bats are from the same Just Batty Background. I heat embossed them and cut out two of the largest bats. The black leaf I found on my desk (yes, I am a very messy artist), added black pigment ink, black embossing powder, and heat embossed. The flowers were so fun to make. This was the first time I used my Spellbinder’s Bitty Blossoms. I cut the three sizes on watercolor papers and spritzed with Barn Door DI. Rolled them up after drying, added Black Soot DI to the edges, and blinged them with Crystal Stickles.
Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, just ask.
Aletha






3 comments:
WOW!! Aletha your various styles of creating are incredible!! I just love seeing all that you do!! Blessings and Hugs!!
You, as well as your artwork, are awesome! :)
I love this! What a great job you did! Love all the bats. Wasn't able to leave comments on SCS? Maybe Vicki could find out why? You can't comment on any of the pictures?? Great job though! Very pretty.
Post a Comment