Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Friday, June 22, 2012

My First ATC for QKD!


Hello to everyone and Happy Friday! It is my turn to try and inspire you with my little piece of art as a Sister for the Whimsical Ink Sorority. With the team that Queen Kat has this term, there is plenty of inspiration, almost every day of the week!

I decided to try my hand at creating an ATC. For those of you not familiar with ATCs, the acronym is “Artist Trading Card.” No selling of your little piece of art, you trade them with fellow artists and start your own collection. The size must be kept at the 2½” x 3½” trading card size.

This is really my first ATC and I think that I am hooked. This was a lot of fun and easier than I thought. I used Kallan, designed by Myka Jelina, for this ATC. I colored her with my Prismacolor Pencils and completed her wings with a Gelly Roll pen in Clear Starz. I also fussy cut Kallan. The base card is some scrap metallic white cardstock. The second layer is watercolor paper that I sprayed with DI Barn Door and Pewter Perfect Pearls Mist. After it was dry I cut it down to 2¼” x 3¼” and touched up the edges with more Barn Door DI. I do not like white edges showing. I did pop up all layers with foam tape. This helped with the dimension. I also added Glossy Accents to Kallan's crystal ball.


Thanks for stopping by! Another tidbit...click here…this will take you to all of Queen Kat’s NEW stamps. I think I need to go shopping again! Did you know that we at QKD have a FB group? Come join us and be inspired some more. We would also like to see your little pieces of art using Queen Kat Designs stamps.
Aletha 

2 comments:

blackdragon said...

TOTALLY GORGEOUS. Dont forget to put it on the hoard at S'n'S.
The hair is amazing. BDx

Anonymous said...

I <3 this & hope to see you playing with us on our ATC swaps sometime soon!!! I was hooked as soon as I tried them as they truly are mini works of art!!! :)