Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Friday, June 15, 2012

It’s Friday!

And the start of the weekend! I am so ready for it. I am actually going to get out of the house, tanks and all, and go shopping with my husband for annuals to place in our planters and flower beds. Of course, he will be doing all the work after the shopping expedition!


Today is my second post as a design team member for Whimsical Ink Sorority and my second post here using another gorgeous Queen Kat Designs stamp designed by Myka Jelina. This one is “Kallan.” I would really like to know how Ms. Jelina comes up with the names of her images, but I do love them, names along with the images.

I loved coloring “Kallan.” I used my Copics and Spicas, and tweaked a little with Prismacolor pencils. The fern die is Memory Box. After cutting the die, I sprayed them with Perfect Pearls Mist. Most of the distressing was completed with Tim Holtz’s Frayed Burlap DI. I think this is my favorite color for distressing edges. The butterflies are from my stash. I painted them with some Luminarte pigments and added Crystal Stickles. Love my Stickles! I added Glossy Accents to Kallan’s crystal ball. All other supplies are from my stash.

I want to apologize for my colors in this project. I am not color blind. LOL! The blue cardstock is really the color of her hair. I took the shots with lights, the no lights but with the flash, then no lights and no flash, and the results were all the same. And now as I am writing this, I slap myself upside the head and ask, “Why didn’t you try it in natural light!” Duh! I will try that the next time this happens. This was a totally new one for me.

Challenges that I am entering Kallan:
Southern Girls Challenge - Things with Wings
Paper Shelter Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by. In the next couple of days head back to Whimsical Ink Sorority  for more QKD inspiration from my WIS Sisters Miranda and Sue. I can’t wait to see their little pieces of art.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate contacting me. Have a great and creative weekend!
Aletha

6 comments:

Jessica Buffa said...

Wow, they are darling images and you go above and beyond in bringing them justice!
:O)
Jessica S

Debs said...

Awesome card,I love your image and the colours are great.
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
Havn't seen these stamps before , me thinks a bit of shopping is in order.
Hugs Debs

jengd said...

Stunning coloring and design!

Tracey Manderson said...

wow stunning card. Looks good to me! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, good luck and hope you'll join us again.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Unknown said...

This card is so Awesome! Check out FB on your hits! Its beautiful.

Unknown said...

Woohoo, stunning card! Love the image and your colouring!! Thanks for sharing at Little Miss muffet Challenges. Good luck an hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Frea, DR Member LMM Challenges