Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Queen Kat’s Designs Royal Court Call

I know that most of you are familiar with Queen Kat Stamps. When was the last time you took a walk around their site? The rubber stamps they have available are unbelievable! Queen Kat has selected a group of artists, very talented in the creativity department, working for them.

Queen Kat and her Royal Court are having a design team call and I decided to send in an application. I am also squeezing in at the last minute. I am usually very organized with my time, but I let everything go by the wayside, so I could complete three projects as part of my application.

The first card was completed using a Francis Mary & Cornelius stamp “Side by Side.” I love this image! I love cats too! I have all of my coloring with Copics and Spicas. The sentiment “U -n- Me,” is from a mermaid set, "Love Never Goes Out of Style," designed by Maigan Lunn.

My second card entry was created using a Mary Vogel Lozinak image, “The Masked Man.” I found Mary’s artwork on Facebook and fell in love with her Zentangle and Steampunk style. When I found out that Queen Kat carries her rubber stamps, I did the happy dance! “The Masked Man” is colored with watercolors and water soluble oil pastels.

My third and last entry is not from Queen Kat, but I was running out of time. I have had this digi from CS Designs, “Steampunk Metal,” colored with watercolors for sometime and at the last minute remembered it (funny how the brain works under pressure, I loved the pressure!) I threw this one together in a hurry! The background paper is also a digi from Delicious Doodles.

I am so glad that you have stopped by! Wish me luck! We should know something by Monday, May 7. I hope that I can sleep…anticipation causes me sleep deprivation! If I do get this gig, I won't be able to sleep again. My mind will be whirling with all my Copic colors on those beautiful stamps!

Have a great weekend!
Aletha Jane

7 comments:

ike said...

OMGoodness - these are wonderful :-) Best of luck with your entry to Queen Kat. I really hope you get it :-D Prayer mat is out for you this weekend :-D :-D xxxxxxxx

jengd said...

Beautiful work Aletha! Hope you make the team!

Unknown said...

Hey I like those cards!! :) I have a good feeling. I know something you don't know. :) It involves the Royal Court and you. :) You got this!

I'll email you.
-Vikki
aka Queen Kat

Anonymous said...

Congrats my sweet friend! You did it and I knew you would!
Hugs,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so proud of you! I love what you did with the stamps!!! :)

Unknown said...

These are awesome!!! I love the Zendangle; but I do love them all. Kudos from the newby SueH

Pat said...

Woohoo, another Royal Stamping Maiden with which to have some creative fun! Welcome aboard, and looking forward to your work (play).