Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Monday, May 28, 2012

I’m NOT Goth!



Happy Monday and Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone is enjoying themselves today. While you are enjoying your three day weekend, please take a moment to remember all the Armed Service members that are keeping us and have kept us safe in our wonderful United States.

I have set myself a goal this week, and that is to create something everyday, even if it’s not for {ippity} or any of my other design teams.

I am in love with Delicious Doodles images. Teri has such a wide range of subjects, that I am sure you will not be disappointed. Today I have decided to use “I’m NOT Goth!” for my little piece of art. I have had this NOT Goth girl for a long time and I thought it was time to color her. The biggest majority of the coloring was done with my Copics, but for her hair I had to use my PrismaColor pencils. Those spiky bangs were a little too spiky for Copics. I really enjoyed the coloring because I did use two type of mediums for the coloring.

I distress around the edges, but used a lot of dies for most of  my embellishments. The dies I used were, Memory Box’s Amira Flourish, and Spellbinder’s Wavy Rectangles, Beaded Ovals, Large Classic Ovals, and Lotus Border Petites. My sentiment was computer generated. I also used some DI’s in Black Soot and Frayed Burlap. I sprayed some Perfect Pearls Mist on the Lotus Border.

I have decided to enter “ I’m NOT Goth!” in the following challenges:
Art with No Boundaries – Anything Goes
Crafty Card Makers – Distress It
Haunted Design House – Pass the Distressing, Please
Great Impressions – Anything Goes

That’s it for right now! I will be back with something new tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!
Aletha




 



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous job Aletha I really love this one! Well, I love all of your work but this one is pretty darn cool!:)
Great idea to stay in your studio all week and create! I hope I can get my computer all better so I can get back to working on my art too...
Hugs,
Beth

KristyLee said...

Beth, I hope you get your computer working too, and get your coloring on girl!
Aletha,
She right tho, you always deliver with your art work! Yep, that's what it is not just a card, even if its a card or other it always cool! I do love your idea w/ all the punches, die cuts, and Spellbinders. You have a terrific eye, love how you did the black swirls on red, it makes the swirls pop & the red pops all at the same time. Great effect. Cant wait to see what your wonderful mind dreams up for tomorrow!
Peace,
KristyLee

Melissa Czapor said...

Aletha I love this!! It is cool to see you working with a completely different style of images!! Here's hoping you are able to create art everyday this week. Hugs!!

I Don't Do Straight said...

Great card! I love this image too, great job on the distressing. Thanks for joining us at Haunted Design House :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Excellent! Love the image and your coloring is superb! Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH. xxD

Deloris said...

Very cool card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Great Impressions!

Andrea C said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Really really love it. You should post it on Teri's Delicious Doodles facebook page. Thanks for sharing with us at haunted design house this week x

fionalawlor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fionalawlor said...

Gorgeous card! I love the image you have used and your colouring is fab :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our "Distress It" Challenge.
Fiona x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Hi Aletha, Good luck with your goal of creating everyday and it will be time well spent if they turn out this good. Great use of all those die cuts to show off the beautiful colouring on Teri's image. Thank you for sharing this with us at Haunted Design House this week

Feebsy said...

What a fabulous card. I really like the image you've used and the embellishments are great (love those black flowers). The distressing on them and the image really finish the card perfectly.

Thanks for joining in with my Distress It! challenge on Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Ellis said...

Fabulous card and great coloring! =)
Thanks for joining us at Art With No Boundaries!
Hugs, Elenor DT

Ellis said...

Fabulous card and great coloring! =)
Thanks for joining us at Art With No Boundaries!
Hugs, Elenor DT

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Hi Aletha, Absolutely beautiful as always. So glad you could join us at Art With No Boundaries and now that you've found us hope you will come play with us often.
:) Chris / CS esigns

Annette said...

Beautiful card .
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Annette