Before I start I want to say THANK YOU to all my followers! This is awesome and I am having such a blast exploring my alternative side!
It’s the fourth Monday of April which means that it is time for more Poisoned Peas Please (PPP) inspiration from me. This is our second challenge at PPP and our theme, being April, is a “Fool’s Game.” We want to see whatever you want to create as long as we can tell what your interpretation is of a “Fool’s Game” You have two more weeks to enter. Please read the rules before entering.
Our sponsor for our second challenge is Smeared Ink (SI). Thank you so much SI! We hope you sponsor us again. I really need to use more of those images I have purchased from them, huh?)
With my little piece of art I went back to my roots. I was more into collage work years ago, and now I am coming back. I love collage and Carnie Girl from SI was a perfect starting point for me. I colored her with my Copics and Spica pens and then mounted her on black card stock. I like contrast and if I can’t find the contrast I feel my work is just FLAT.
All of my background images are digital ATCs that I found online. I purchase these, and several others, from Cemerony on Etsy. I will definitely be visiting Julia’s shop again. Do a search on Etsy for “Steampunk Gothic digital art” and see what comes up. Just amazing! I cut all the ATCs out and made a background collage on a 5” x 7” canvas board. I separated them with a thin strip of black cardstock. The two ATCs in the foreground were mounted on black cardstock. Something was still lacking so I embossed the edges with white embossing powder. I feel like this turned out ok and it’s just what I needed. I am going to have to keep up with the collage for awhile.
Would you like some fun? I want to invite you to join our group, Poisoned Peas Please, at The Crafter’s CafĂ©. We want you to show us the quirk in you.
Thanks for stopping by. You have until May 5, 11:59 p.m. CST to enter at Poisoned Peas Please. Enter and show us your “Fool’s Game.”
Aletha



2 comments:
I love this Aletha! Ahh, you have discovered Julia over at Cemerony!!! I have tons of her beautiful digital images - aren't they just awesome?! She is a great lady!
Hugs,
Beth
Oh how fun! I thought I had already missed the "Fool's Game". Glad to know I still have some time! :) Love your collage.
Post a Comment