I am finally posting an actual post! What better way to start, a challenge over at Poisoned Peas Please (PPP). This is our second challenge at PPP and we hope you can come join us. This challenge theme is “Fool’s Game.” We want to see your interpretation of what you think a “Fool’s Game” might imply. We want you to create anything you like. This means you can create cards, ATCs, mixed-media, collage, altered art, anything altered, etc. Let your creativity reign! PPP’s #2 Challenge begins today and ends on May 5 at 11:59 p.m. On the plus side this challenge runs a full 4 weeks, so no excuses. Another plus side is you get two entries. Please read the challenge rules.
Who’s our sponsor, you ask? It is none other than Smeared Ink! Smeared Ink’s winning prize is a $15 gift certificate to their online store. Go take a look at their amazing array of digis and rubber stamps. I can’t get enough. I am an obsessive collector of digis and rubber.
For this “Fool’s Game” challenge I chose Smeared Ink’s Satyr image. My husband asked me, “Why the spider web?” I was trying to use the web as a symbol of the Satyr spinning his web of music to frolic with the nymphs. He got it after I had to explain it. Oh, well (sigh).
I still had fun. I used watercolors, distress inks, Copics, oil pastels, white paint pen, and Spica pens, for my coloring. I think you can call this one “mixed-media.”
I would like to invite you all to our little group at The Crafter’s Café, Poisoned Peas Please. We want you to show off the quirk in you.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you come join us for our Poisoned Peas Please Challenge #2. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane




4 comments:
Wonderful card! As always great coloring and so many details, beautiful!
Very cool!
WoW - this is one AWESOME creation Aletha. I love the colouring on the image. The DPs are super and all the distressing just rocks. I adore that spider's web - where is that from... Cricut or something ?
:-D xxxxxx
This is a super terrific card...and creepy at the same time. MY FAVORITE kind!
Post a Comment