Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Friday, April 13, 2012

S&S Friday the 13th Blog Hop!

Happy Friday the 13th and welcome of S&S Phobia Blog Hop!

Photobucket

April Smeared and Smudged Member Hop
FRIDAY THE 13th PHOBIA!
Blog Roll
Aletha (you are here)

I hope you are enjoying your Smeared and Smudged Member Friday the 13th Phobia Blog Hop. If you think you are lost, check above for the Blog Roll. You are now at the blog of “Aletha.”

I am sure you have seen into the psychosis of many people on your way to my blog. Tori asked us to create something that we are afraid of. She wanted us to put our phobias, or at least one of them, into any kind of creation we wanted to do.

When you look at my project right off the bat you would say “This woman is afraid of clowns! She thinks they look like this under all their makeup.” Well, you are wrong. See that beautiful Victorian house in the background (I wish it was mine!). Notice that all the shades have not been pulled down to keep out the night. Wanna know what my phobia is? What I am afraid of is our blinds not being pulled down BEFORE it gets dark, I go to close them, and this face, or at least one very near to it, is peering through the window at me. I KNOW that he had been waiting on me to miss my “closing of the blinds,” slithered up to the front porch, and was just waiting on me to look out that dark chasm of a window, and up pops his head!
Anyway, this was fun. I have been wanting to color this Evil Clown from Delicious Doodles for some time and this was the perfect opportunity. I also used Teri’s Snake Skin Paper. The Victorian House is a digi that I found on Etsy from Brown Paper Vintage. Everything as been colored with Copics and Ranger’s Distressed Inks.

Now, if you want to have some more fun, after you have completed your hopping, you need to join the Smeared and Smudged forum. There is something alternative, gothic, edgy, and quirky, for you to do. You also need to check out Smeared Ink’s online store. Awesome in the digi and rubber stamp category!

Remember it's Friday the 13th. What that means in this household is going to a horror movie. Our plans are to see "The Cabin in the Woods." Talk about things jumping out at you!

Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha

16 comments:

KristyLee said...

Wow, blinds being closed, wow!! That's different. But your colouring on your project is so freakin' FABULOUS!!! You can really color so well! I love your project, even tho I hate clowns LOL! That snake skin digi paper is cool! Wonderful job here!
Peace,
Kristy

MaRyKaY said...

yep I totally have to agree with you on that. I myself dont like to look out the window at night but never thought of it as being a phobia. I guess it is if you think about it. If the lights are on inside and you cant see out the window is kinda creepy. that is an awesome house stamp. Kinda looks like my house. I'll have to craft using a pic of mine sometime. Kristy from S&S did one time.

Trisha said...

LOVE that flipping house stamp! You did a wonderful job & thanks for sharing.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, Aletha, this is great. That clown face is so creepy. Lol.

Laura B said...

I love your project! Beautifully colored! And what an interesting phobia.:)

I Don't Do Straight said...

We should start our own club...... the clown phobia seams to be quite prominent amongst us LOL.....FAB colouring on the image :)

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

love the house too...and what you did with the distressed inks is wonderful..the whole piece is awesome.

susan s.

LisaVeronica said...

what a story to read about...love your coloring skills, awesome work! xx lisa

~Lady B~ said...

OMG! I am the same way with the blinds! They MUST be closed before it gets dark! Hooray! I am not alone :) Gorgeous coloring and fabulous piece! Thanks for sharing your phobia :)

Anonymous said...

I love how you colored this & all of the digis you were able to put together to pull this off. It really looks awesome. :)

Monique's art said...

love the house stamp and the clown is sooo creepy, love the coloring very beautiful, love the project

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Loving this. Awesome colouring as usual. I never thought about the blinds being not closed before dark as a phobia before. Thank you for taking us into your fear. Hx

Shelley said...

wow how awesome! I share your phobia and that clown is seriously scary!!!

Shell x

Unknown said...

Wow love this a fantastic house and I must agree I like to shut out the dark xxx

ike said...

aaaarg - i never thought of that one either !!! fabulous project and awesome colouring xxx

Ms. Ruin said...

That is such an interesting phobia but I can relate...I have similar phobias. I love the colors of your project and your story too!