Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Friday, September 6, 2013

Challenge Time at Delicious Doodles


Happy Friday to all. The perfect way to start your weekend is to join us at Delicious Doodles (DD) for our newest challenge starting today. The theme is use “turquoise, purple, and gold.” Easy peasy, I think!

For my project I decided to do a little mixed-media piece. I haven’t gotten my hands messy with supplies in a while. It was so much fun! My DD image that I chose to work with is “Steampunk Mermaid.” Isn’t she a beauty?  I am sure she caused a few ship wrecks in her life time.


First I printed out Steampunk Mermaid twice and colored both images with Copics. One image will be for the background and the other will be fussy cut and placed on top of the first image.

Copics used:
BG11, 15, 18
BV01, 02, 04, 08
Background: W0, 1, 2, and
YR15, 23

After the mermaid background was colored, I added some Peacock Feathers DI to the sky. The rocks she is setting on were embellished with gold leaf and holographic gold glitter. While that was drying, I cut out the main image. That image was accented with violet and gold Wink of Stella, and mounted with pop dots on this background. Those two pieces were mounted on Stampin’ Up! Elegant Eggplant cardstock.


Other supplies for the finished piece are:


Terri has added a lot of new images to her shop. After you have picked out a few, please join us for this challenge. We would also enjoy seeing your little piece of art in our Delicious Doodles Facebook group too.

Have a great weekend! I hope to see you again.
Aletha Jane
DD Design Team

3 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

This is just STUNNING!!!! Love this.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

You are truly the best of the best of the best my friend. Gorgeous Breathtaking perfect.
hugs
susan s

Unknown said...

OMG, this is utterly AWESOME, xxx