Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday the 13th – Lady Heather’s Curiosities


Hello all you lovers of Friday the 13th! I was asked by the lovely Heather Valentin to be Guest Designer at Lacy Sunshine for this special day.

Heather had the idea to let her alter ego, Lady Heather, emerge from her chambers for this spooky day. After today I am sure that Heather and Lacy Sunshine will be returning to the glorious daylight. But in the meantime, I hope you enjoy all the Curiosities that Lady Heather has dug up, or that has dropped out of her head. Be sure and stop by Heather’s blog for more Friday the 13th festivities.


For my little assignment Lady Heather sent me Eloise. Why the name Eloise, you ask. According to Heather’s alter ego there is some haunted property close to her house, the remains of an old asylum and city called Eloise. My Eloise has been haunting the asylum halls for many years. There are more historic tales and facts about Eloise here http://www.talesofeloise.com/history.html



I decided to make a 5”x7” card for this special project.  The main image is Eloise. I have not decided if her caged heart was plucked from her long lost love, or if she has caged her own heart, protecting it from being broken again. This is for your interpretation. I did have a lot of fun coloring her.


Copics used:
Skin: E000, YG93, W2
Hair: W0, 2, 4, 6, 8
Dress: E21, 23, 25, 27, 29
Heart, trim, flower, and sash:
R32, 35, 37, 39
Background: W0, 2, YG93

Other supplies:
Stampin’ Up! cardstock in Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler
Stampin’ Up! designer paper Witch’s Brew
Die cuts:
Spellbinder’s Tall Rectangles
Memory Box Small Creepy Web Frame and
A Bunch of Bats (these are available in the Lacy Sunshine store)

I did want to comment on my corner webs. They are cut from the Creepy Web Frame. I love using them like this. And those itsy bitsy bats, aren’t they the cutest. I think this is my third project using that bats die. I am definitely getting my money’s worth.



I hope that you have had a good time today, and nothing bad has happened. I do wish you all GOOD luck. If you don’t want to get out of the house, head over to our Facebook group, join, and check out all the happenings. Lacy Sunshine will be rolling out some new digis too. You won't want to miss that.

Thanks for stopping by today. I do wish you all GOOD luck today!
Aletha Jane

2 comments:

Nikki Craft said...

Hi Aletha, so you have a darker side:) You are certainly an amazing artist! You creations are stunning!
hugs Nikki x

Meredith said...

Aletha this is absolutely STUNNING!!.. Your colouring is amazing. <3
xxx