Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Challenge Time at Lacy Sunshine


Hi all and welcome to a new challenge at Lacy Sunshine,Challenge #17. "Anything goes with an Under the Sea” theme is your challenge for the next two week. This is also my first post as one of Lacy Sunshine's design team. I am so honored to have been asked to join this talented and creative team.

Ms. Heather Valentin, Artist and Owner of Lacy Sunshine, has some amazing new “Kissed by the Sea” mermaid digis. She assigned each one of us with these new ones, which will debut today. Stop by our Facebook group and join in the fun.

My mermaid is a little mermaid, Morticia Siren, looked a little melancholy, so I picked two of my favorite colors for her, purple and turquoise. My project turned into a mixed-media piece, but still an art card.


I printed out Morticia twice, one will be the main image and the other will be the backdrop. I colored both with Copics, and added a white gel pen and Spicas for some accents. The backdrop was die cut with Spellbinder's Labels 11 and Peacock Feathers Distressed Ink was sponged on the edges.

Copics used:
BG11, 13, 18
V20, 22, 25, 28
C00, 1, 3, 5, 7
W00, 0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6
Background: W00, 0, 1, 2, 4, and
BG11, V20

My base piece of the card is watercolor paper. I added Dylusions spray ink in Vibrant Turquoise and Crushed Grape, let them run a little and spritzed water to make them run more. I love how it turned out.

For my embellishments, I cut the die from Memory Box’s Elegant Scrollwork and Gentle Leaf. I then added some of my favorite paint, Viva Décor 3-D Stamp Paint in Lime Green Metallic. I think that they name this color wrong, because it is definitely turquoise and not lime green.

Other supplies:
Stampin’ Up! cardstock: Tempting Turquoise and Elegant Eggplant
Corner die cuts: Cheery Lynn’s Lace Corner Deco B

Challenges that Morticia is entering:
Color Me Creative - Anything Goes
Musically Challenged - video is Kerli-Creepshow

I hope you join us for the fabulous Challenge #17, Under theSea. When you hop over to our challenge blog, check out Heather’s “loyalty program.” This is something you do not want to miss out on. If you use a Lacy Sunshine image for your entry, I hope that you share it with us on our Facebookgroup. It’s a fun place to be. Heather loves playing game too.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate contacting me.
Aletha Jane

7 comments:

ike said...

Eeeeek !!! How wonderfully stunning. She is gorgeous and your colouring rocks !!! :-D You could enter this for Musically Challenged ?!!! The perfect colour scheme :-)

Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxxx

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh, a huge congrats on your new DT gig, Aletha! I ADORE the slightly darker syle in which you colored this cutie. Absolutely YUMMY! xxD

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! gorgeous card and love the colors. Thank you for joining the TTCRD challenge and good luck to you.

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Okay, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I think this is my favorite card ever! No really, it's just stunning. I am partial to those colors, but everything is so perfect and beautiful. You are one talented and very busy lady. Hugs and congrats on your newest DT spot.

Manderly said...

Oh Aletha, Morticia is fantastic! so love your coloring! Really a wonderful card...glad you are on the team..hugs xxxooo

KristyLee said...

Awesome awesome! Killer kewl image and her coloring just rocks! Marvelous dear!
Peace,
Kristy