Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Halloween Trick or Treat


I hope everyone’s weekend has started out just fine. In Oklahoma, it is HOT and dry! Our summer has finally arrived at the end of August. I hope this means that we will have a mild winter, who knows.

Some of Rick’s Elite Design Team got together and decided to show some Halloween projects on our Airless Chambers blog, some used digis and some used rubber. Some are from Rick’s Etsy shop and some are from I Brake forStamps (IBFS). Either way these images appear, they are so much fun to work with.

I have a special treat (no tricks) for your today. My project is a card using the digital image created by Rick St. Dennis for I Brake for Stamps. Meet Batty Betty. Batty Betty is available as a digital image. Check out Rick’s stamps in IBFS’s rubber stamp section. He also has rubber from Smeared Ink. If you are interested, check out SI’s monthly rubber stamp club.

On to my project: I printed out Batty Betty twice, used one for the background, and the other was for coloring with Copics. The colored one was then fussy cut and mounted on the background with pop dots. I love a little 3-D on my cards.

Copics used:
Skin: E000 and W0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7
Hair: C1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Snake: YG 21, 23, 25, and G07
Background: W1, 2, 4, and YG21



Now comes some more fun, deciding which dies to use. I opted for Spellbinder’s Spider and Web die and Nested Bats. The designer paper is from my stash. I cut the spider and bats out of Stampin’ Up!’s basic black cardstock. The web was cut twice from some of the designer paper. After all of my elements were decided on, assembly began. The card is complete, but at the last minute I decided to use Glossy Accents on the bats, spider, and Batty Betty’s eyes. They needed a little more pop. That little “31” brad is from Teresa Collins.



Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you pop in at Airless Chambers and check out all the other creepy little pieces of art that are posted. If you have any questions, contact me.
Aletha Jane

3 comments:

Monique's art said...

Love your colouring a d your cards are always awesome

Machele O'Dufaigh said...

I love the way you color eyes, they actually shimmer. Very nice card, my favorite color combo - green and black.

~Lady B~ said...

Gorgeous, beautiful, exquisite! I can go on and on. You are one uber talented lady! I love this piece :)