Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Steampunk Peg and a Love Potion


Hi all. I hope that you have had a great week. This is the first day of August, if you can believe it. Halloween will be here very soon, one of my favorite Holidays.

I would like to introduce you to a Rick St. Dennis Randi Dandi image, “Steampunk Peg.” I love that look on her face! She is only available in digi form and sold exclusively at I Brake for Stamps. You really need to hop over there and look at all Rick’s images and rubber stamps, YES I said rubber, which I Brake for Stamps has to offer. 



On to Ms. Steampunk Peg…of course I colored with my Copics. I also add some glitz with Spica pens and Frost Smooch Glitz. I am really like this Smooch Glitz. I think that I need to add more glitz to my stash.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, E11, W2
Hair: Y11, Y21, E39, E97, E99
Jacket: BG 70, BG72, BG75
Hat: C0, C1, C3, C5, C7
Scarf & Hat Band: W0, W2, W4

My designer paper is Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells collection. This is a gorgeous paper! I cut all my layers with Spellbinder’s 5”x7” MattingBasics A and Matting Basics B, wonderful to work with. To align my layers almost perfectly I used my new Layer Creator, designed by my friend Cindy Echtinaw. I am going to love this tool! I still need to practice, but it will make my life so much easier with aligning all those layers.



Next came my embellishments.  My embellishments are from Sizzix’s Elegant Flourishes and Gadget Gears. The die cuts are from black cardstock. For the sparkle I added Walnut Brown Viva Décor 3-D paint. After that was dry, I then tried to make them look a little more metal with Inka Gold in Gold and Lava Red. I chose to change the cardstock color because I didn’t want everything to start overpowering the image. I really now think that black would have complimented it better. Oh well, maybe next time.

I am thrilled that you dropped by. See you next time and have a great weekend!
Aletha Jane
RSD Elite Design Team

1 comment:

~Lady B~ said...

Beyond Gorgeous! There is a "Just Steampunk" magazine. You should totally submit this for publication! Email a 300dpi file to kherrold@scottpublications.com attn "Just Steampunk". There is a snail mail addy too if you wish. Just ask and I can send it to you if you are interested.