Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Friday, July 19, 2013

Black on Black at Delicious Doodles


Welcome to the beginning of the weekend! We have a new Delicious Doodles (DD) challenge for you, starting today. And, as my title says, the theme is “Black on Black.” Would you like a double chance to win some of Teri’s digis? You can if you use a Delicious Doodles image in your entry. You get to post twice, first time with your actual blog post and second time with your blog URL only.

My offering today is using two of Teri’s Images, Leather and Lace and Pile ‘O Bones paper. Pretty cool images, huh? She just put the paper in her shop this week. 


 I have used all of my Copics in Ws and Cs. The only non-black is her skin, which was done using E000, E11, BV000. The Pile ‘O Bones paper was left as is. I sized it to be 5.25” square, used a little Black Soot Distress Ink on the edges. After that was dry, I mounted it on white cardstock.



My dies are Spellbinder’s but from one of their partnered companies, Heartfelt Creations. The flowers are from the Vintage Floret die and the leaves are the Classic Leaf die. The flowers were cut from Brushed Silver from Stamping Up! and I then curled and folded them with the McGill Punch ToolKit. This is an amazing kit. I am so glad that I decided to buy it. I find myself grabbing for it every day. After the curling and folding were completed, I then used Black Viva Décor 3-D paint. This is such a cool medium to use on a lot of paper projects.


I hope you join us for this Delicious Doodles challenge. It ends on July 25. Take a peek below. This beautiful creature will be available in Teri’s shop tomorrow.



Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, just ask. I hope everyone stays cool this weekend. It’s going to be a hot one again in Oklahoma.
Aletha Jane
Delicious Doodles DT

1 comment:

ike said...

Oh !! STUNNING - and gorgeous colouring :-D

Hugz
IKE xxx