Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Friday, July 5, 2013

New challenge at Delicious Doodles


It’s time again for another fun challenge at DeliciousDoodles (DD). For this challenge we want to see “Heavy Metal.” You can interpret that any way you want, but we do want to see metal.

It is so hard for me to choose an image from Teri’s shop. She has created so many beautiful and diverse images, it’s hard to decide. But decide I did. I chose her “Gothic Fairy.” I love her faces and all that lovely hair that she creates. Delicious has 29 fairies for you to decide on. I know that you could find one to use for this challenge, but you don’t have to use one of Teri’s images to join in the fun.


I colored Gothic Fairy with Copics and did a little highlighting with a Gelly roll white pen and a white Prismacolor pencil. She was then trimmed down and matted on Kraft card stock. I used the Spellbinder’s die Fleur-de-lis Rectangles for the final layer.


Copics used:
Skin: E000, E11, BV000, R20
Hair: C00, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9
Other Copics:
YG61, YG63, YG67
V12, V15, V17
R20, R22, R27, R89
W0, W1, W2, W4

The metal on my project are my Frost Creek corners. I adore metal corners. I usually use just one or two, but they said “heavy” on the metal and that’s the way I interpreted it.



My designer paper and roses are all from my stash. I did distress the edges a little and used Black Soot Distress Ink for more distressing. More distressing was accomplished with Viva Décor White 3-D paint. I am loving this stuff. I even added it on the metal corners.

That’s it for today. I hope you join us for this challenge. After you have entered and you did use a Delicious Doodles image, please share it with us in our Facebook group.

Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane
Delicious Doodles DT

5 comments:

ike said...

Absolutely STUNNING. This is one hell of a gorgeous creation :-)

Hugz
IKE xxx

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Pure gorgeousness! Love all of it, but am especially intrigued by the 3D paint.

Crafting with Darcy said...

Dazzling! I can't tell you how beautiful I think this is....Oh, I guess I just did!! It is gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

KristyLee said...

I so truly love this card! Love everything about it! It is stunning! And you are Brilliant!
Peace,
Kristy

Unknown said...

Very pretty. Love the entire card!!!