Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Magdalene at Christmas Time


Happy Friday! I have my very first Christmas project completed for this year. Of course, it’s a card, but not in fall or Halloween colors. Don’t get me wrong, I love all the Autumn colors, but it was time for some Christmas red and green.

Meet Magdalene. She is a stunner and looks like she is ready for some Holiday cheer. Magdalene is designed by Myka Jelina and is available as a rubber stamp from one of my favorite stamp companies (not biased at all) Queen Kat Designs (QKD).


I have colored Magdalene with Copics and Spica Pens. I used several die cuts and roses for my embellishments. I have distressed some of the edges with a distressing tool and then added Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.

Magdalene will be entered in the following challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs – Texture
ABC Christmas Challenge – Anything Goes
Crafts and Me – Fantasy Creatures
Just Keep on Creating – Christmas



Thanks for stopping by. Don’t forget to head over to Whimsical Ink Sorority for more QKD inspiration. Almost every day, there is a new project posted.
Aletha Jane

1 comment:

Vee Cassidy said...

Such a beautiful card with wonderful image and colours. Vee xx