Hi all! I am back from my long break of not having any way to upload photos (new computer, etc.). That has all been resolved.
I wanted to share a project that I completed for our last
challenge, “Remembering,” over at Sparkle & Glitter, a Rick St. Dennis
Challenge Blog. At that time I had no way of editing and sharing my projects,
so this just sat in my camera for about three weeks.
I titled my blog as my first art journal page, but it really
is not. All of my journaling has really been sketches and some Zentangle. But
this is my first art journal page to actually be mixed media. Let me tell you,
I had a lot of fun! In the past I have created mixed-media projects, but they
have been on stretched canvas, and I was trying to sell them. This time around
this project is just for me, in my own little 5” x 7” journal.
The image, “We Care,” is from the very talented Rick St.Dennis MFA. “We Care” was a freebie during Rick’s last release day. Isn’t she beautiful? Hop on over to his Etsy shop and check out his amazing digital images.
This being my first journal page I now know that I need more contrast in my background. It is just a little too dark for me. I like things to pop off the page, although Rick’s image did not get lost. My background was completed with tissue paper, acrylic paints, and stencil paste. My paper embellishments are from die cuts and the metal charms are from my stash. The scrabble tiles are also from my stash. The next time I use the tiles, I think I will age them somewhat. I still had fun!
Rick’s Elite Design Team has a new challenge which will start tomorrow. The theme is “Twisted Holidaze.” We hope that you join us.
We have some fun groups for you to join and show us your little pieces of art using Rick’s digital images. The first one is our Facebook group, Rick St.Dennis Fans & Friends. We also a couple of Ning groups on The Crafter’s CafĂ© and Paper Craft Planet. It really doesn’t matter where you end up, but we do want to see your projects.
Thanks for stopping by today. Contact me if you have any
questions. I do apologize for being MIA. Replacing a 12 year old computer with
a new all-in-one…this old dog had to learn some new tricks! ;o)
Aletha Jane



8 comments:
It is beautiful Aletha. I signed up to learn the lettering part of Art Journaling. That was back in April I think. I still haven't had time to take the class. I sure am glad that it is supposed to be there forever. UGH! hehe
Wow, what a gorgeous page Aletha.
that is fabulous, love it x
Aletha, this is gorgeous, love all the colors and great use of the tiles for the sentiment. It is a beautiful page.
Hugs,
Julia
WOW what a great page. Love the look and all the elements you've used.
Stunning art journal you made, love all the mixed media you used and the tiles are perfect! =)
Hugs, Elenor
Oh my golly Aletha, you always amaze me! This is so wonderfully BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love all your colors and accents! And of course love the way you colored her hair!
Peace,
kristy
Fabulous first journal page my friend! I just love the way you understand color! You always put them together so well... I wish I had that talent!
Hugs,
beth
Post a Comment