Happy Tuesday! Yep, I am running a little behind. This should have been posted yesterday, but life intervened. I know you all know what I mean.
The design team at Poisoned Peas Please (PPP) has a new challenge for you. It started yesterday and will last until Nov. 3. http://poisonedpeas.blogspot.com/ This is our 8th Challenge and we have a perfect theme. For this challenge, and it being October, our theme is…
Sugar Skulls/Day of the Dead.
We want to see anything you want to create, cards, altered art, art journaling, ATCs, etc., but it must be within the Sugar Skulls/Day of the Dead realm.
Our sponsor for our 8th Challenge is none other than the very talented Megan with Dilly Beans. If you need an awesome Sugar Skull digi, Megan has them. Just click on Halloween, and you will be taken to everything with skulls. Dilly Bean’s prize to a winner picked by Random.org is three (3) digis of the winner’s choice.
For my inspiration piece I created a Sugar Skull greeting card. The image that I used is Sugar Skull Framed, perfect for this time of year.
This beautiful design was colored with Copics and layered on SU cardstock in Always Artichoke and Cajun Craze. My flowers are from my stash and I stained them with Distress Stain in Scattered Straw and Spiced Marmalade. I added Crystal Stickles to the centers. The only die cut I used is Spellbinder’s Spider web. I then sprayed it with Goosebumps texture spray.
Copics used on Sugar Skull are:
Skull – c0, c2, c5, c7, c9, t6;
Image flowers – r20, r22, r29, r89, yg95;
Small leaf design – yg91, yg95, yg97;
Mouth – y21, y25, yr01, yr15, yr18, e19
Nose – r20, r22, r29, r89
Eyes and background – w0, w2, w4, w6, w8
Challenges that my Sugar Skull is entering are:
Art with No Boundaries – October & Halloween
Hooked on Crafts – Halloween
House of Gilli – Anything Goes
Make it Monday – Anything Goes
I hope that you join us for our PPP’s 8th challenge. After you have entered, please join us at The Crafter’s CafĂ© – Poisoned Peas Please, and show us your alternative side. Thanks for stopping by!
Aletha Jane






7 comments:
Wild looking stamp and great coloring. Looks great!
Oooo, creepy fun and great coloring! Love those perfect fall flowers.
Wow, Aletha, this is gorgeous.
absolutely lovely!!
Hello Goddess,
This is just a stunning card Love your spider web and the flowers and of course the coloring on your image! Wonderfulness!
Peace,
Kristy
Awesome post, where is the rss? I cant find it!
Can't say it any better than Kristy! You aced it!!!
Post a Comment