Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Saturday, October 6, 2012

13 Days of Halloween Blog Hop Day #7


Welcome to day #7 of our Queen Kat Designs (QKD) 13 Days of Halloween Blog Hop. If you came from OKD Official Blog, then you are in the right place.

Our theme today is “Flowers.” Yep, that’s right, but they have to be Halloween flowers.. My flowers are from my stash. I layered each single flower and added an orange crystal to the middle, also from my stash. I think they look Halloweenie, with the black, green, and orange.

This cutie of a rubber stamp, Voodoo Plushiecan be found in the QKD store. The amazing designer of the stamps is none other than Coriander Shea.


Voodoo Plushie was colored with my Copics on Cryogen cardstock. She was then layered on three more layers of colored cardstock.

The spider web die is one of my favorites and I had a happy accident with the die cut. I cut the web from white cardstock and then painted it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam Cookies & Cream. My painting was done on a craft sheet. When everything was dry, I peeled the web off of the craft sheet. I got a layer of Cookies & Cream only between the webbing, a happy accident. I hope you can see it in this photo.

This is the blog roll for Day #7:
Aletha: You are here now
Vikki: Your next stop
QKD STORE

Challenges that I am entering Voodoo Plushie are:
Art with No Boundries - Halloween
Crafty Calendar Challenge - All things spooky
Card Makin' Mamas - Fall
    
Your next hop is to Vikki’s blog. After all hour hopping is over, your very last stop is QKD store. Vikki is having a 40% off sale during this 13 Day of Halloween Blog Hop. I hope you take advantage of this super sale!

Thanks for stopping by! I am sure that I will be blogging again, before Halloween. But just incase I miss you all, have a wonderful and scary Halloween (the scarier the better)!
Aletha

8 comments:

Pat said...

delightfully delicious card!! I love everything about it!!

Anonymous said...

Aletha~You are such a fantastic artist! I would love to take a drive up there some day just to watch you create for a few hours! It would be a treat for me!!! :)

Emily Thubbron said...

What a great card. I love happy accidents. They sometimes make the best cards.

Beverly G said...

Great card. Love your attention to detail and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for entering at Art With No Boundaries.

Penny said...

Love this, Thanks for playing with CMM

Paula said...

Fantastic card I love the colours and all the detail. Thanks for joining us at AWNB
Paula DT

Plastic Card said...

Stunning card. So lovely design. I like the colors you have used and that image is so nice. Thanks for sharing.

Plastic cards said...

Captivating shades with stunning designs makes it prominent...