Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Friday, October 4, 2013

Challenge time at Delicious Doodles


Happy Friday! And what a fantastic way to start your weekend… a new challenge at Delicious Doodles! Your challenge this week is we want to see your “Shaped Cards,” no squares, no rectangle, a shaped card.


I have never really created a shaped card before, so I felt like it was about time. The beautiful Delicious Doodles image that I chose to use is La Rosa Muerta. The first thing I did was decide on my colors. And of course I picked the logical ones, red and black. I added a touch of green just to break up those two dominant colors.

Copics used:
Skin: E0000, 000, W2, 3, R20
Hair: C1, 3, 5
Eyes & Leaves: G40, 82, 85, 99
Clothes & Rose: R21, 22, 24, 27, 89
Wings: R22, 27, W2, 3

I had a blast creating this. It did take some thinking, but then I thought…”Why don’t I check out all the dies that I have?” This is what I came up with. All the dies are Spellbinder’s in Grand Labels 23 and Card Creator’s A2 Distressed Edges. My spider web is from Cheery Lynn.


I hope you join us for our challenge.  If you use a Delicious Doodles image, your entry counts twice! If you do use a Delicious Doodles image, please come share it with us at our Delicious Doodles Facebook group. We would love to see your little piece of art.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate contacting me.
Aletha Jane

5 comments:

Danni said...

This is amazing! Wow!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

omg she is beautiful I am dazed and so loving this ..gorgeous gorgeous!
hugs
susan s

Anonymous said...

Fabulous job on this card!

Matney said...

Wow! So glad you created this, so inspiring. Love the webs on the sides and lot of layers! Gorgeous vamp.

Karen C said...

This is wonderful! I used this as my inspiration for this creation...http://busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/skull-card-3/ I tagged your card on my post! :)