Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Saturday, October 5, 2013

RSD October Newsletter Freebie


Not only is it Rick St. Dennis’s October Newsletter Freebie time, but all this is in conjunction with Smeared & Smudge’s “31 Days of Halloween” blog hop. This happens to be Day 5 of the Halloween Blog Hop. To be eligible for all the prizes you must hop about each day. Your starting point is here.


For the Airless Chamber’s post for day 5 of 31 Days of  Halloween, the whole of Rick’s Elite Design Team's (EDT) assignment was designing with Rick’s new image Callista the Witch. This darling little witch was provided by Rick, along with his monthly newsletter. If you would like to be on his newsletter email list, click here, and sign up. This is the only way you can receive any of his monthly images. Take a peek at Rick's Etsy shop. Once you visit his shop you will want more. His artistic range is from the cute to the horrific. Rick’s style is definitely in the eclectic range, right up my alley.

Along with this blog hop, we have an “October Newsletter Freebie Contest.”  Check the top pages at the Airless Chamber’s blog. Here is a way you could win some more images from Rick, but you must use Callista the Witch for your project. The winner is chosen by Rick’s EDT and if there is a tie, Rick will be the one to break it.


For my Callista project I decided on a tag. I had so much fun grabbing supplies for this project. A friend of mine, Gloria, made up some white wonky eyed skulls in polymer clay that I added to the side. Aren’t they the cutest? Check out her Etsy shop.



Callista was colored with Copics and die cut with Spellbinder’s Long Deckled Edges Rectangles. These were prefect for this tag. I also grabbed some new chipboard accents from Make it Crafty at SCACD. I also got to use my new Distress Paints in some Halloween colors.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 11, 13, R20
Hair, Bloomers, part of snake:
YG21, 23, 25, 67
Apron, part of socks and hat band:
V000, 12, 15, 17, 09
Hat: C00, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9
Background: W000, 0, 1, 3, E17, 74

Other supplies:
Distress Ink in Black Soot
Designer paper from my stash
Tag and cheese cloth from my stash

Please take the time to hop 31 Days of Halloween. I also hope you join us for our October Newsletter Freebie Contest. After you have entered, be sure and post your little piece of art at our RSD Facebook Group.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate contacting me.
Aletha Jane



4 comments:

Matney said...

hahaaa, she is so sweet! Love this take on Callista. Beautifully colored. All the little extras totally make her special. Can Gloria come live next to me? and we all love Crom's Candy...Woo Hoo!

Laura S Reading said...

Callista is a star! I love the bats.

"Croms' Candy....Woo Hoo"

maureenjscott said...

Love your Callista and those skulls are fab!!! "Croms' Candy....Woo Hoo" Mo xxx

DonnaMundinger said...

Beautifully colored and I adore the cheesecloth. Crom's Candy WooHoo! xxD