Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 20 of 31 Days of Halloween 2013


Welcome to the 20th day for the countdown of 31 Days of Halloween. This yearly event is organized by Smeared and Smudged. I hope that you have been having fun and doing your hopping daily.

For my project I made a somewhat shaped card, but not a card. I used Rick’s image “Zombie Newly Deads” from his Etsy shop. This little 3-D make will be in our living room and become part of our Halloween décor.


I colored the Zombie Newly Deads with Copics and added some accents with Spica pens. I then trimmed the image, distressed the edges, and added Black Soot and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to those edges. I mounted the main image on Stampin’ Up!’s basic black and early espresso cardstock.

Copics used:
Skin (or what is left of the skin):
E000, 00, YG93, 95, R02
Dress, Vest, & Tie: E70, 71, blender
Tux, Hat, & Shoes: C1, 3, 5, 7, 9
Other: YG91, 93, and R21, 22, 24
Background: W0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and
YG91, 93

The base of the card is early espresso cardstock and the die cut from Spellbinder’s Grand Labels Twenty-Three. Next were the spiderwebs from Cheery Lynn Designs. I glued those one, added the main image, and then tucked some cheese cloth underneath.

It is time for decorating. All of my roses are from my stash. I added some black Viva Décor 3-D Stamp Paint to the edges, and chipped sapphire Distress Stickles. Added the roses, along with some Cheery Lynn’s IvyCorner Flourish and ivy from the Ivy Strip. These I sprayed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Freaky Franken Lime Starburst and added some Black Soot Distess Ink.


My little piece of Halloween décor still needed something. I then remembered what I confiscated from an 8-year old’s birthday party. His theme was “Come to Zach’s Disgusting & Bizarre Birthday Party.” They had so much disgusting fun, body sounds, slime, cricket ice cream, you get my drift. Lucky for me, those delicious cupcakes had awesome bugs on the top of each one. As you can see, I used two of the spiders. I added some white 3-D paint to their bodies and legs, just to make them pop out.

Thanks for stopping by. If I have left anything out or you just need to ask a question, don’t hesitate contacting me.
Aletha Jane
AJ’s Design Artz
EDT Design Team

5 comments:

applejack cards by sue said...

Hi Aletha, I am loving this and really appreciate how much time you've taken to explain how you created it.

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Brilliant! Love all the little details, and the way you made those spiders pop with the dimensional paint.

maureenjscott said...

Absolutely love this! Saw it on the hop at Airless Chambers and had to pop in and leave you a message here too! Totally fabulous creation! love it! mo x

Steph said...

Fantastic project! Love all the details and embellishments. You coloring is so amazing :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Seriously AMAZING, Aletha! Such fabulous details. xxD