Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Friday, May 3, 2013

Simply Steampunk Challenge Day


It’s the first Friday of the month and time for a new challenge at Simply Steampunk Challenge blog. Our theme is “Frame It.” That seems pretty easy and a lot of fun. Frames are all the rage right now.


For my project I decided to create a little mixed-piece. My background was embossed and then rubbed with Inka Gold. My chipboard gears were painted with 3D paint and then sprayed with Dylusions ink in black marble. 


The next item added, which is the main image, is Halloweenie 5. He was colored with Copics  and highlighted with Spica pens. The background was accomplished with Frayed Burlap Distress ink. I then found this mayamur webbing in black and used that for my frame.


Come join us for this fun challenge. After you have entered our challenge with your little piece of art using one of Betty’s Steampunk images, please stop by our Facebook group and show us your entry. Looking forward to seeing you.

Aletha Jane
Simply Steampunk Challenge DT




6 comments:

JenniferD said...

Stunning! Love all your layers and techniques! Amazing job!

Corinne said...

oh Wow, love how he jumps out of this, fantastic coloring..
hugs

Emily Shroom said...

Your colouring is stunning and love the background!

DonnaMundinger said...

Your coloring is just stunning and the background and embellies just ROCK, Aletha! FAbulous male card. He's so adorable! xxD

Unknown said...

Your coloring continues to amaze me it is wonderful I love this piece

Betty Boo! said...

You never cease to amaze me Aletha! Again perfect and wonderful!

Betty Boo