Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Steampunk with Poisoned Peas


Happy Monday to all of you! Me and the Poisoned Peas Please (PPP) Design are starting our 7th Challenge. Our theme for this month is “Steampunk.” We want to see your “Steampunk” artwork. You can make any kind of art, but it must be “Steampunk.” Your art work could be the Steampunk style with the clothing, the gears, the clocks, etc. We want to see what Steampunk means to you. Our “Steampunk” Challenge #7 starts today, Sept. 10, and ends on Saturday, Oct. 6.

Our fantastic and very talented sponsor this month is Simply Betty Stamps (SBS). Betty has given our PPP Design Team some fabulous images to work with. Betty’s prize for this challenge is three (3) images of the winner’s choice from the sheet below. These are some beautiful Steampunk images. Thank you Betty!

For my Steampunk image, I chose “The Oval Portrait” from Betty’s Steampunk Classic Collection.  Betty has captured the Steampunk costumes perfectly.


The Oval Portrait is colored with Copics and I have added a bit of sparkle with a Gelly Roll pen. I then die cut the image with a brand new design from Spellbinders, Grand Decorative Ovals One. I then distressed the edges in Distress Inks Black Soot, Milled Lavender, and Seedless Preserves. The metal gears are from the Tim Holtz collection and the chipboard gears are from Make it Crafty.


The last bit of embellishments are the flowers from my stash. The darkest one was sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Crème de Chocolate and then the edges were dragged in Lindy Stamp Gangs Starburst Jazzy Jivin’ Purple. The light tan rose edges were also dragged in the Jazzy Jivin’ Purple.

This is the list of Copics that I colored with:
Skin: E00, E1, R0;
Hair: V91, E71, E49;
Dress: V91, E71, E49, T2, T4, 6, T10;
Leaves: E81, E84, E87, E89;
Flowers: T2, T6, T10;
Skull and Bones: C00, C01, C03;
Background: W1, W3, V91.


The Oval Portrait will entered in the following challenges:
Art with No Boundries - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
No Matter Which Challenge - Die Cuts and/or Punches

I hope you come play with us for our “Steampunk” challenge. After you have entered over at PPP’s Challenge #7, I hope you join us at The Crafter’s Café in the Poisoned Peas Please group. We would love to see your Steampunk art work.

Thanks for stopping by! Can’t wait to see your “Steampunk” style!
Aletha

11 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a fabulous Steampunk image and wonderful colouring.gorgeous card Aletha.



Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
Luv CHRISSYxx

Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

Corinne said...

OMG Aletha, you have done an AMAZING JOB with Simply Betty's awesome image! you have way BEYOND my thumbs up!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Your creation here is just stunning Aletha!! :) Love your coloring and your gorgeous style!! Just wanted to stop by to wish you a Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a great day! HUGS

Paula said...

I absolutely love your steampunk design the colours are gorgeous thanks for joining us at AWNB
Paula DT

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

What a beautiful card . i love the coloring and the flowers are perfect. so lovely.
susan s.

Skye said...

A great steampunk card. I love the image amd great colouring

Pat K said...

Absolutely fabulous Aletha.

Saw this on MIM. hugs,xx

KristyLee said...

Aletha,
This is so wonderfully beautiful! You have done a tremendous job with SBS' digi stamp! Love your Steampunk card! You have rocked it!
Peace,
Kristy

Julia said...

Aletha this s beautiful, your colorng and Lo are Gorgeous!
I also so your creation on Make It Monday. TFS!
My entries are: #23, #109, and #213.
I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…
Hugs,
Julia

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Aletha, It is always such a pleasure to come and see your work. The beauty of your pieces never never ceases to amaze me. I'm so glad to see you join in our challenge on Art With No Boundaries.
:) Chris / CS Designs

PS. Been meaning to write to you after your last email but keep getting sidetracked, but promise to make a point of it soon so we can catch up on things. :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous image and colouring. Ali x