Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sparkle & Glitter is Open for Business

Well, Sparkle and Glitter (S&G) has really not been closed. Rick’s Elite Design Team (EDT) has been posting their amazing projects using Rick’s images. The “business” is the opening of our new progressive challenge. There are rules of course.

ABOUT OUR S&G CHALLENGE!
  • The challenges on Sparkle and Glitter, the Rick St. Dennis Challenge Blog, run for one calendar month


*Challenge Rules*
  • Your entry must be a new creation and feature a Rick St Dennis image available from either     his Zibbet or Etsy shops.
  • Please link directly to your blog post entry (not your blog).
  • Please always add our challenge blog link to your list of challenges that you are entering with your creation.
  • You must follow the theme for our set challenge.
  • You can enter the challenges as many times as you like.Feel free to combine our challenge with any others.
  • All prize winners must be a follower of this challenge blog.
  • Main Requirement: Have fun!
  • Prize winners have the length of the current challenge to claim their prize
  • All content (including text, photographs, and designs) is ©Rick St Dennis MFA, the Design Team members, and to any guest designers. All original work is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.


S&G’s challenge theme is all about STEAMPUNK! I think the fan-base for Steampunk is growing every day. Rick came up with several Steampunk images. With these special images Rick’s EDT designed projects that were then submitted to Just Steampunk for their 5th Volume. I am sure that all of our projects have been included in this next issue. How cool is that? I hope that you can get a copy. Order early.

For my project I asked Rick for a Steampunk rooster. When he sent me my image, my jaw dropped to the floor. He designed this beautiful lady in a rickshaw pulled by a clockwork rooster. What comes out of his head is amazing! I feel very fortunate that I can work with his images daily, and that I can call him a friend.

I would like to introduce you to “Plummage Mettalique.” This amazing image was so much fun coloring with Copics. It was truly a labor of love. Listed below are the Copics I used. I am warning you, the list is long.

Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, and R20;
Hair: Y11, 21, E39, 59, 97, 99;
Blouse: E70, 71, 73, 74, 77, 79;
Hat, vest, skirt: YG91, 93, 95, 99;
Umbrella: W1, 3, 5, 7
Rickshaw: C1, 3, 5, 7, and
BG11, 13, 18, and
Y11, 15, 26, with E27 for the gold, and
E21, 97, 08, 37 for the copper;
Lamps: E21, 97, 08, 37, and
Y11, 15, 26, E27
Harness: E21, 97, 08, 37
Feather ornament:
Y11, 15,26, E27, and
V01, 12, 09, and
BG11, 13, 18
Rooster combos:
YG91, 93, 95, 99, and
E70, 71, 74, 77, 79, and
E21, 97, 08, 37, and
Y11, 15, 26, 27, and
V01, 12, 09, and
BG11, 13, 18, and
THAT’S IT! Like I said, a “true labor of love.”

Here is the finished project. I will be doing a photo tutorial within the next month or so. Most of the products used were from DecoArt, my favorite place.

Another favorite place that I shop is The Stamproom. The base is a mixed-media kit that I purchased from there. You would not believe the amazing rubber stamps they carry.



I hope you join us for our first S&G progressive challenge. The theme is “Steampunk.” Rick has plenty of Steampunk images in his Zibbet or Etsy shops. After you have entered, come share it with us at Rick’s Facbook group.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane

1 comment:

Monique's art said...

This is rely awesome. I love your colouring and the canvas is amazing