Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Love is in the Air at Lacy Sunshine


Welcome to Challenge #24 at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge blog. For this challenge our theme is “Anything Goes.” Stay tuned: Heather is rolling out some new images for your Valentine’s Day little pieces of art.

Today I have the pleasure of creating with a new digi, "Abby with Mended Heart." This will be available at the one and only Lacy Sunshine Shop. Don’t miss the new ones under the “New Digis” section. Lacy Sunshine also has an assortment of “Clear Stamps.” If you like the physical stamp, these would be great to add to your collection.


For my project today I created an art card with the new digi “Abbey with Mended Heart.” This is the first time that I have colored one of Heather’s Abbeys, but it won’t be the last. I colored Abbey with Copics and did some fussy cutting so she would be dimensional. She is layered on Stampin Up!’s Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler cardstock. Before the layering I die cut the cardstock with Spellbinder’s Labels 16. I then distressed all cuts with Black Soot Distress Ink.

Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 11, BV000, R02
Heart & Bow: R32, 35, 37, 39, 89
Dress: W00, 1, 3, 5, 7
Gloves: W00, 1, 3, 5, 7, and
R32, 25, 37, 39
Hair: C00, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9
Eyes: G29, 40, 43, 46
Background: W00, 1, 2, 3


For my designer paper I found a very cute animal spots in Echo Park’s Love Story collection, perfect for Abbey. My ribbon is from the Ribbon Club at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

I used some Spellbinder’s dies that were a lot of fun. The heart under the bow is made up of two layers. The top heart is the smallest die from Nested Hearts. I embossed it and used Black Soot on the embossed areas and accented with Clear Wink of Stella Brush Tip Glitter Marker. The bottom layer is cut from the Classic Scalloped Hearts.


Next came the corners. These were achieved by cutting the black cardstock with Spellbinder’s Imperial Gold Corners Set One. This is the first time that I used any die from the Imperial Gold line. I must say they are wonderful. I added some DecoArt Silver Spark Metallic Lustre. This helped to bring out all the embossed and debossed areas of the die cut.

Abbey would like to enter the following challenges:
Color Me Creative - Anything Goes
Hobby House - Use Ribbon
A Creative Need - Die-Cuts/Punches

That’s it for today. I hope you join us for our Lacy Sunshine #24 challenge. You have a standing invitation to join the Lacy Sunshine Facebook group too. We would love to have you share all your Lacy Sunshine little pieces of art.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Aletha Jane





14 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Aletha, your coloring always leaves me breathless! the depth you achieve is truly amazing. Super gorgeous card. I can't stop looking at it. xxD

Paper Panda said...

Fab, and stunning colouring as always!
Mandy x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card and coloring!! Thanks for joining in the A Creative Need challenge!
smiles,Deena

maureenjscott said...

Oh this is gorgeous!!! love the colouring and your layout! love the dies! fab! mo xxx

Sandra said...

The card is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Card and Fab shading thank you for sharing with us over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge, hope to see you again soon
Hugs
Suzy B (Owner)
XX

Anonymous said...

a beautiful creation however to enter the Hobby House challenge you do need to mention your Hobby House product, do hope you will join us again as this entry has been removed
Hugs Kate xx

Hazel said...

Love the colour combo. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 10: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Unknown said...

Great coloring..love this image!

Muffins and Lace said...

Oh My!!! Love Love Love. Thank you for entering in A Creative Need Challenge.

Monica taylor said...

You truly are one of my inspirations! I see your cards over at Lacy Sunshine and hope to one day be as talented in shading as you are. Another fantastic project.Thanks for sharing over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge, Monica, DT

Astrid said...

I Love th colouring on your card....and the leopard print. LOL
Greetings,
Astrid
http://lovecopics.wordpress.com

Dewi Lestari said...

What a beauty... I love the color combo
Hugs
Dewi

SEO GOOGLE1 said...

You're so cool! I don't suppose I've read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. really thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!Cccam Server