Welcome to the beginning of the weekend! I hope that you all
are ready for another amazing Delicious Doodles (DD) challenge. We are on our
60th challenge and this challenge is a “1, 2, 3 recipe.” Our recipe
is “one image, two designer papers, and 3 punches/cut-outs.”
My project today was a favorite subject of mine, Steampunk.
I still have not mastered the art completely, but I keep practicing. I created
a 5¾” art card using a new image by Teri, “Gothicka.” I love the spelling of this image. I colored
Gothicka with Copics and accented a little with Wink of Stella in violet and
gold. She was then distressed with Black Soot Distress Ink and layered on
Stampin’ Up!’s Elegant Eggplant and Basic Black cardstock.
Skin: E000, 00, 11, R02
Hair: C00, 1, 3,5, 7, 9, and
R21, 22, 24, 27, 89
Feathers: V20, 22, 25, 28
Clothing (leather): E07, 09, 13, 19
Clothing trim: E70, 71, 74, 77, 79
For the background papers, I decided on Teri’s “Roses +Thistle Paper” as a Gothic background. I printed the purple out to size, and
the red a little larger. I layered the purple DP with basic black and elegant
eggplant, then placed that on my card base. The red I cut down to use as an
accent for my second piece of designer paper. That was layered with basic black
only.
My three cut-outs are from Petaloos collection of chipboard
gears. For the metallic look I rubbed them with Gilder’s paste in Inca Gold.
The clock charm is from my stash (I probably found this at Michael’s.).
I would really enjoy seeing your little piece of art for our 60th DD Challenge. And if you used a Delicious Doodles image, please share your
piece with us at our Delicious Doodles Facebook page.
Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, please
don’t hesitate contacting me. You can pick up this OOAK handmade greeting card in my Zibbet shop. Have a great weekend!
Aletha Jane







4 comments:
oh wow this is eye candy deluxe I am in awe with this beautiful piece..so gorgeous I want the digi lol but it would not look this awesome .you make me smile with your talented mind and art
hugs
susan s
amazing colourwork!
Sensational colouring Aletha...love the image and papers...gorgeous card.
luv CHRISSYxx
This is really pretty. I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog & commenting. I'm taking the Copic classes in April. I'll just echo AWC's sentiments! She knows great art! :) Hugs~Patti
Post a Comment