Happy Friday and welcome to Simply Steampunk’s very first
challenge for 2013. Our first challenge is one that I know everyone enjoys. The
theme is “Anything Goes.”
The rules are very simple:
Embossing Folder: Sizzix Tim Holtz Alternations Spring Time Background.
Die cut: Cheery Lynn Designs Spiderweb.
Inks: Distress ink in Seedless Preserves and Milled Lavender
Other: Tatting and brad from my stash.
The rules are very simple:
-
You must use an SBS Steampunk image.
- Your project must be a new project, no back linking.
- Link to your blog post via the linky tool at the end of the challenge’s post.
- And, HAVE FUN!
I colored Momento Mori with Copics, trimmed around the
boarder, mounted her on Kraft cardstock, and then added some tatting around
her. I hope this made her look a little more vintage.
Other supplies are:
Cardstock: Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core; SU black and
Kraft.Embossing Folder: Sizzix Tim Holtz Alternations Spring Time Background.
Die cut: Cheery Lynn Designs Spiderweb.
Inks: Distress ink in Seedless Preserves and Milled Lavender
Other: Tatting and brad from my stash.
Momento Mori will be entering:
In the Pink Challenge – Distressing
Simply Create, #18 Linky Party – Anything Goes
Southern Girls – Get Krafty
Crafts and Me – Use your favorite embellishment (Mine is
tatting)
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday – Vintage
Simply Steampunk Challenge “Anything Goes” is a month long challenge. You have no reason not to join us. After you have entered in
our first challenge, please pop over to our two online groups. One is our
Facebook group, Simply Betty Stamps Fan Group; the other is at CDAC, SimplyBetty Stamps. We would love to see your little piece of art.
Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, just ask.
I hope I see you during our first Simply Steampunk Challenge.
Aletha Jane




8 comments:
Stunning Aletha! That trim around the image is amazing!! I love this!!
So stunning... just FAB!
Hugs
Cool card! Thanks for joining us at the FTTC. :)
Your card is fabulous.... I love how you've put the tatting around the image. However, we'd love to see more pink next time you enter if possible.
Thank you for sharing with us this time at our In The Pink Distressing challenge.
Hugs
Christine x
Aletha,
Your card is very Stunning! Love your coloring, beautiful image! Love your burlap and spiderweb! So marvelous!
Peace,
Kristy
Wow Aletha! Your card is gorgeous. Love that burlap frame - very cool! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Flourishes!
Love that purple with Kraft. Beautiful card Althea.
Thanks for playing along with our Get Krafty challenge.
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Southern Girls DT
Great card! Love the burlap!! Tahnks for playing along with us at SGC!
Post a Comment