Pages


Welcome to my “other” blog! This blog will represent my other loves in the art world, along with cards. I will be posting my art journal and mixed-media projects. Other art that you will see will depict Steampunk, fantasy, Gothic, horror, anything that the word “alternative” encompasses. I hope you enjoy the ride with me!

Friday, January 11, 2013

Purple is My Favorite Color

Happy Friday and welcome to our 18th challenge at Delicious Doodles. Our challenge for this week is “Anything Goes with yourFavorite Color.” The winner will receive five beautiful Delicious Doodles images. Now, we would love to see your entry using one of Teri’s images, but that is not necessary. If you do, you can enter twice. All the information and rules are on our Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog.

For my little piece of art I selected one of my favorite Delicious Doodles images,” Kissing Butterflies.” As I mentioned in my blog title, purple is my favorite color, but red is another one too. I love to combine the two also.
 
I have used a Sizzix embossing folder and Kraft-Core cardstock. Love this cardstock! With a little sanding you have the perfect background.  This beautiful fairy is colored with Copics, accented with Spica pens and Stickles. I have added butterflies and poppies die cuts.

Kissing Butterflies will be entered in the following challenges:
Flutter By Wednesdays – Anything Goes
Inky Chicks – Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door – Anything Goes

Now it’s time for you to join in the fun for our “AnythingGoes with your Favorite Color” challenge. If you use a Delicious Doodles image, head over to our Facebook group and show us your little piece of art.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, contact me please. Have a great and creative weekend!

Aletha Jane
Delicious Doodles DT

5 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is amazing, I have never thought of combining red and purple before but I will now. Hope alls well with you, Love Hazelxo

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

oh my..so beautiful..hide her :) my next check I want to buy her and frame her for my bedroom.beautiful sweet friend.
hugs
susan s.

Julia said...

Aletha, this is so beautiful!
Love how you colored her and all the little details.
Hugs,
Julia

Danni said...

Such striking colors!! Gorgeous card!Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

KristyLee said...

So freakin beautiful Aletha! Purple is my all time fav color too! You have totally inspired me to go play at DD's challenge! I would love to win 5 digis from Teri!! LOL! Love her drawings! Love your work! Stay crafty my friend!
Peace,
Kristy